Guidelines for Writing Your Personal Statement of Faith:
- Briefly describe your beliefs about the Trinity and your relationship with each part; Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Briefly describe your feelings about the importance of the Bible.
- Briefly describe why you attend worship and feel it is important to do so.
- Briefly describe why you participate in the life of the congregation and why it is important to do so.
- Optional: What about faith do you find challenging or difficult and why?
- Optional: What do you need others to pray for in your life in order that you may grow or be strengthened in your faith?
- Optional: What do you hope to do moving forward in life which strengthens and grows your faith?
- Optional: What does your faith inspire or call you to do moving forward in life?
Why Write a Statement of Faith
On June 4th, 2017 the two youngest new members of our church shared their Statements of Faith on the day they were confirmed into the membership of our congregation. Each statement was very inspirational. I believe they can inspire us each to do the same.